Monday, December 12, 2011

Long Timers! Give 'em a chance to find a home for the holidays!

The Pet Rescue Center is a temporary sanctuary for homeless and at-risk dogs and cats.  We would never euthanize because we couldn't find a home for a dog or cat.  BUT, the longer a dog or cat stays with us, the less we can rescue because that space is filled for any other dog or cat.  So we endeavor to promote and encourage the adoption of our rescues as much as we can to ensure the public knows about all of our sweet and deserving rescues, to speed along the process of finding a forever family.  


There are a few rescues that seem to take an extra long time in finding that perfect match. They are no less deserving and no less desirable though.  I would like to take a moment to suggest these little loves to you, tell your friends and keep them in mind.  The holidays are the perfect time to add a member to the family.  


Introducing "Moe" or as we call him "Moe Moe" ... 

I LOVE to go for walks, I sit on command, I take treats with great manners, and I respond very quickly to directions. Im very playful with toys, lazer pointers or just you! I love to play tug-o-war and go for long walks. I am a great boy that needs a forever family. Moe has some special needs, and we would like to waive his adoption fee and offer a 15% discount on medicines needed for the life of Moe. 




Introducing Ruby....
Ruby was intentionally shot 3x, her leg was shattered.
She came to us an amputation candidate that after evaluation was deemed a savable leg.  
 I am EXTREMELY sweet! I love to kiss and get cuddled. I am good with men, women and children. I have a very good disposition and kind personality. If you want a lot of kisses in your home and you want to give a second chance to a special girl like me, come meet me!!!!!

Here she is! 10 weeks of recovery later! 

Introducing Cooper....



Look at those soulful eyes! Hi, my name is Cooper. I am 1 yr old, Male, Dachshund/Terrier mix. I was saved from the OC Shelter on July 7th. I am truly one of the cutest dogs ever. The staff thinks I would make a great cartoon character. What you can’t see from my picture is how loving I am. I need a person to cuddle at night and give kisses to in the morning. I can play very well with toys and I play well with others.  Come visit! 




Introducing Miley......

Hello! My name is Miley. I am a 1yr old, female, lab/Sheppard mix. I was given up to The Pet Rescue Center on August 29th.  I have hip and elbow dysplasia which constantly needs to be medicated. With pain medications on board I am a very happy girl. I just need to find a family that is willing to take me in and continue to care for my special needs. (The PRC will waive my adoption fee and discount meds 15% for my lifetime) I am a very quiet girl. I would prefer a calm household with light exercise. I am so cute and so deserving of a good life.
Miley loves to relax! She is an easy going gal that needs a companion to share life with. 






Introducing Artemis....




Hi! My name is Artemis. I was rescued with my brothers and sisters (Mac, Sweet Dee, Frank, Charlie, and Dennis) by a very nice lady who loves cats. She took good care of us, but 6 kitties got to just be too much work. Happily for us, the Pet Rescue Center stepped in and helped us all!
I am a gorgeous young lady that really wants a lap to be on. I can be very affectionate and loving. I get along with cats, kids and some dogs. More than anything I need a window to watch the world go by from. I love to sun-bathe.


Introducing Romeo....



Hi! My name is Romeo. I am a 5 month old, male, orange tabby. I was rescued with my Terrier friend Tybalt from an LA County shelter on September 19th. I had a pretty bad respiratory infection when I got to the Pet Rescue Center but I am all better! I am an extremely handsome young man. I don’t let you walk by my cage without sticking my little paws out to get your attention. I am full of love and energy and am looking for a family. I get along very well with other dogs. 






Of course, we have so many loving and friendly rescues to choose from if any of these little ones do not appeal to your needs.  Please support rescue by always adopting a pet, whether from us, a shelter, a friend, another rescue group, whomever.  


There are approximately 4 million dogs and cats euthanized each year in the shelter systems nationwide.  These dogs and cats euthanized are not rabid, mean, biting, undeserving pets.  They are lovely dogs and cats like these above and so much more. 


Thank you for your support! 


Sincerely, 
Blythe Wheaton
Co-Founder and Executive Director


If you are interested in any of these dogs or cats, please contact Casey at adopt@thepetrescuecenter.org. 


To learn more about us, www.thepetrescuecenter.org





























No comments:

Post a Comment